The BCM4401 is an integrated 10/100 Ethernet solution designed for PCI 2.2, mini PCI 1.0 compliant systems. It provides a complete IEEE 802.3u compliant MAC and PHY for seamless connectivity, making it suitable for applications such as PCI Network Interface Cards (NIC), Mini PCI cards, and LAN on motherboards (LOM).
- PCI 2.2 and mini PCI 1.0 compliant 10/100 Ethernet solution
- Fully integrated 10/100 MAC/PHY
- IEEE 802.3 compliant MAC/PHY
- Full-duplex flow control compliant with 802.3x
- IEEE802.1p/Q and 802.3x support
- 64-entry content addressable memory filtering
- SNMP, RMON integrated MIB counters
- Low-power IEEE 802.3u Fast Ethernet transceiver
- HP Auto-MDIX
- Remote boot PXE support
- Meets PCI power management interface v1.1 (ACPI)
- Integrated 3.3V to 1.8V regulator for lowest system cost
- 0.18μ CMOS process
- Available in 196-pin FBGA or 128-pin LQFP packages
The BCM4401 offers support for multiple form factors, including PCI 2.2 adapter, Mini PCI 1.0 for low-cost laptop solutions, and LAN on Motherboard (LOM) option. It comes with an advanced software suite that leverages the mature NetXtreme™ BCM570x enterprise driver architecture, providing compatibility with Windows® 2000, NT 4, Me, XP, and Microsoft® certification. The BCM4401 is pin-to-pin and software compatible with BCM5702 for seamless migration to gigabit 10/100/1000.
The info found in this page might not be entirely correct. Check out this guide to learn how you can improve it.