Also known as:
- VLSI VL82C84A (8-10MHz 8086 and 8088 Clock Generator and Driver)
Intel 8284A Clock Generator and Driver
- 8284A - 5-8MHz c:81
- 8284A-1 - 10MHz c:82
Note, the 8284A is not the same as the 8284. The non-A is older, the A is updated.
The 8284A is a single chip clock generator/driver for the iAPX 86, 88 processors. The chip contains a crystal controlled oscillator, a divide-by-three counter, complete MULTIBUS "Ready" synchronization and reset logic.
- Generates the System clock for the iAPX 86, 88 Processors [5 MHz, 8 MHz with 8284A 10 MHz with 8284A-1]
- Uses a Crystal or a TTL Signal for Frequency Source
- Provides Local READY and Multibus READY Synchronization
- 18-Pin Package
- Single +5V Power Supply
- Generates System Reset Output from Schmitt Trigger Input
- Capable of Clock Synchronization with Other 8284As
The info found in this page might not be entirely correct. Check out this guide to learn how you can improve it.