The VIA VT8235 South Bridge features a complete suite of networking and communication features including support for 6 USB 2.0 ports for peripheral connectivity 40 times faster than USB 1.1, and ATA-133 support, the fastest IDE interface available. Additional features include integrated into the South Bridge include VIA MAC for 10/100Mbps Ethernet, integrated PCI support, 6 Channel Surround Sound with VIA Vinyl Six-TRAC AC’97 audio and MC’97 modem.
- 8X V-Link 533MB/s high bandwidth North/South Bridge interconnect
- Support for Advanced Communications Riser (ACR) Card Standard
- Integrated 6 channel Surround Sound AC-97 Audio
- Integrated MC-97 Modem
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet MAC
- Support for ATA 33/66/100/133
- Support for USB 2.0, 6 USB ports, UHCI compliant
- Advanced power management capabilities including ACPI/OnNow
- 487-pin BGA package
The info found in this page might not be entirely correct. Check out this guide to learn how you can improve it.